[pct-l] More About Tarps - Cooking

Call me crazy, but when needed I carefully also cook in
my tent - I use a small butane cartridge stove. With the
pot over the flame, I feel fairly safe. I have also
learned to light the stove outside and then bring it in
so that any flame up doesn't get the tent. Of course, if
it is cold outside with rain, that puts a lot of extra
moisture into the tent.

Seems to me that a tarp could just as easily burn as a
tent and the same cautions are needed. Biggest problem I
have is in being careful not to hit the pot or spill the
contents.

--
Marshall Karon
Portland, OR