[pct-l] PCT book

> Did the early thru-hiker hike 20 miles a day.  I know

Rarely. Our original plan was to average 11 miles/day in the High Sierra (in
May), 17 miles/day everywhere else. We had maybe 5-10 days over 20 miles the
entire time. I think our longest day was around 25 miles.

When Greg and Paul Hacker did their 43-mile day to show up the Minnesota
Milers, we thought they were nuts.

It's great to see how much stronger hikers have gotten in just one
generation. Imagine what your kid is gonna do in twenty years!

Cheers,
Carl
1977 Kelty Kid