[pct-l] Tests - Nomad - Wanderlust

Not exactly. I met many of the people who used the Nomad in 2000 and they
had never experienced a real tent until they saw my Stephenson 2RSB at
ADZPCTKO.

The Wanderlust Nomad Lite is a tarp tent. It is, as you say, a compromise.

Compared to a Stephenson or a Clip Flashlite it is an absolute PAIN to
setup. Further, I have been in some Sierra storms that would have left me
soaking wet in a Wanderlust but absolutely dry in  a Stephenson.

Finally the Wanderlust does not ventilate in warm weather like a Stephenson
or Clip Flashlight.

What the Wanderlust Nomad Lite IS is an ADAQUATE shelter for one that weighs
28 ounces including everything. That is pretty good and what I'd use to solo
hike a fair distance. That's why I own one.

However, for 2 people I would not get a 2 person Namad. It is even more
unstable than the single and the weight saving isn't very much over the
Stephenson.

Tom

PS: Marshall, stop dreaming, make a few extra bucks, and get the tent you
deserve. You only live once - Tom