[pct-l] Bears north of Sonora Pass

Although my trips date to 2000 and about 3 years earlier
than that, I also have never encountered any bear
problems. Never did in the High Sierra section either on
two occasions (early summer and fall). In fact, in all
of that area I only saw one bear, and that was between
Echo Lake and Donner Pass - and it ran before I could
really see it. Basically, once you leave Yosemite,
the "trained" bears who aren't afraid of people are not
present.
--
Marshall Karon
Portland, OR