[pct-l] Re: PCT-L dpacks: comfort vs weight: Why packs work, Part 2

> My problem with these light packs is that they do not consider that
a women's
> body is different then mens.

You might take a look at the Acr'teryx Khamsin series of packs.  The
52, 3400 cc without collar extended, is about four pounds.  The 62,
4000 cc without collar extended, is a few ounces heavier.  When
khamsin's unisex belt is adjusted to maximize cant, the cant is
considerable. It ought to accommodate the shapeliest of hips.

Last year, a woman through-hiked the PCT carrying one of these packs,
which suggests to me that Acr'teryx got it right, at least for women.

Earl