[pct-l] packs: comfort vs weight

> the small pack folks generally fit everything inside while the 5000 cu in ers have items tied to the outside.

As I have commented to several people about the G4, you don't just buy the
pack, you buy the whole philosophy.    Or not, in my case.    Among the
people ahead of the wave crest that I ran into in April and May, large packs
were much more common than ultralight ones.   But I don't remember seeing any
traditional external frame packs among through-hikers.