[pct-l] more on dream time hiking

I find that when I hike all night, I have no trouble or strong emotion
about the transition from day to twilight to night, but find the transition
from darkness through dawn to sunshine emotionally painful, like I am losing
something, slipping from my grasp.
May the something I'm losing was just sleep!

I don't particularly recommend hiking all night unless you can do it without a
light, and for most of us that only works on relatively smooth trails
in open country with moonlight rather than dense forest in a storm.
Though hiking all night through a rainstorm (this time with a headlamp)
may be a better deal than staying put and
shivering through it in soaked clothes and sleeping bag, I've heard.
Don't believe that myth about it "never rains at night in the summer in the
Sierra".