[pct-l] packs: comfort vs weight

I would agree with all the advice of the others about the pack issue.  The
ultra lights seem to have a top end of about 30-35 lbs, some of the heavier
packs ride so you hardly notice them.  When I thru hiked in '97 I carried a
7# Dana averaging about 40-45# loads. The pack was always comfy, always 7#.
This summer I am trying a 2# ULA with minor changes in my gear. Right now I
have a basic pack weight of only 14# which should run out to about 24-28#
full.  After five weeks with the new set up I'll have my own opinions of the
+ and - of the two systems.
Bob