[pct-l] Transportation to Kennedy Meadows ??

If you're unable to coerce anyone to give you a ride, then you'll definitely
want to fly to BUR, not LAX. There's a Metrolink station right at the south
end of Burbank airport. It's probably less than 1/2 mile from the terminal
gates; the same hike at LAX would just get you to the curb in front of the
terminal!

Getting from LAX to Metrolink, on the other hand, is quite a journey. You'd
have to take a shuttle (i.e., SuperShuttle and its ilk) to Union Station,
which is probably about $15-20 apiece. If you're a public mass transit
purist, from LAX you can take the airport shuttle bus to the Green Line
(light rail). You then take the Green Line to the Blue Line to the Red Line
to Union Station. I'm not making this up. Who says LA doesn't have mass
transit?!

Because it's much smaller, Burbank is probably your best choice even if
someone's going to pick you up at the airport. It's easier to find people,
your checked luggage is less likely to get lost or stolen, and there are
fewer proselytizing Hare Krishnas.

Btw, you can check Metrolink schedules at http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

:: Carl Siechert
:: We're looking for 1977 PCT Hikers