[pct-l] Snakes

Marge,

I did not carry anything for snakes on my section hikes. If you are bitten you would probably want to wash and disinfect the wound with something, elevate the limb, and wait................for help........

A rattlesnake bite is not likely to be fatal in an adult.

Watch out for the one that camps on the trail about 1.5 miles north of the Deep Creek Bridge on the way to Bacon Flats.  He scared the shit out of everyone I talked to. Your'e just cruising along and all of a sudden shake, rattle, and roll.........right on the trail.  And he does not like moving!

Regards,

David Craft
Greensboro, NC

Not section hiking this year, booo!