[pct-l] Picking a proper tarp/tent site

 Steve points out picking a site with a slight slope would help solve
drainage problems!! ( Actually , my site was at a slight slope, BUT downpour
with raindrops bouncing 5 inches off saturated ground still allowed rain to
run in a river under groundtarp. )  Any flat surface had 2" of standing water
on it. Hindsight would call for some major trenching, but with all the roots
and rocks around, anything short of a Backhoe would prove worthless.
Sometimes you do everything correct and still lose. I have hiking this trail
over 20 times and 15 in rainy weather, but this was the wettest yet. a
hammock tent would have been a perfect ticket. You never stop learning. Monte

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---