[pct-l] Pink Motel

> How about dropping down into Idylwild, because it's a neat place to go,

> taking a zero day and then carrying two days worth of food down to The
Pink
> Motel, where you have a resupply box you mailed from home, that has
three
> day's food to get you to Big Bear City?

Excellent suggestion!  Where is this Pink Motel and does anyone have a
mailing address?

I'm flying to San Diego early on April 30 and hitting the trail later
that day.  Anyone else starting at that time?  I figure I'll get to Campo
around 4:30 on the rural transit shuttle and hike as far as I can until
dark.  Where are safe places to camp 4-8 miles north of Campo?

Today was the first day that cracked 60 degrees in Olympia, getting me
real excited and a little bit anxious.  Anyone else?  2600+ miles is a
long friggin' way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do not burn yourself out.  Be as I am-a reluctant enthusiast, a
part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic.  Save the other half of
yourselves for pleasure and adventure.  It is not enough to fight for the
environment; it is important to enjoy it.  While you can.  While its
still here.  So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your
friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains,
bag the peaks, run the rivers, breath deep of that yet sweet and lucid
air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, that
lovely, mysterious and awesome space.  Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain
in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active
and alive, and I promise you one sweet victory over our enemies, over
those deskbound men with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their
eyes hypnotized by desk calculators.  I promise you this: You will
outlive the bastards!" - Edward Abbey