[pct-l] 'Blister' should be a 4-letter word

Jerry commented (about feet),

> However, as cruel as it may seem, if this year is like all the rest,
hikers will be talking a lot about their feet within a few days of
starting....and for 95% of them it will not be a joyful discussion.... So
how 'bout it...bits of wisdom on: blisters, swelling, techniques that worked
or didn't, supplies that worked/didn't...etc.... Blisters and swelling will
probably once again be the big issues.
> Almost everyone had blisters...and supplies for it.
> Some experienced feet swelling to such an extent that they outgrew their
shoes.
> " ...we can't get any of it (blister supplies) to stick to his (Dave's)
feet. He'll bandage up his feet every morning and by the first break all of
the tape, moleskin, band-aids, duct tape, etc., are off...everything just
sweats right off."
> ...we took the opportunity to air out those puppies whenever we took a
break.
> We also rinsed socks daily and tied them on the back of our packs to dry.
> Planning gets you to Campo, but your feet get you to Canada.

All valid comments and very important. And all covered indepth in my book,
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes. Last September I
even started a free monthly ezine about foot care. Any last minute
questions? Ask away! My book is over 300 pages about all aspects of foot
care: taping, lubricants, powders, tape adherents, blister repair, toe nail
care, socks, lacing and laces, insoles, fit, biomechanics, heel pain,
Morton's foot, athlete's foot, plantar fasciitis, bunions, calluses, foot
care kits, and much more. A table of contents in on my web site.

John Vonhof
johnvonhof@attbi.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes; Second Edition
www.footworkpub.com
Free Monthly "Fixing Your Feet Ezine" at
FixingYourFeetEzine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com