[pct-l] Re: spring is coming to oregon

I'll attest to that too. I actually had to water the flowers in my yard
yesterday, rare for Oregon in March...

I snowshoed a little bit of the trail near Mt. Hood (between highways
26 and 35) on Sunday. Probably around 6-8 feet of snow at 4000 ft. A
lot of it was fresh, but it's melting fast. Yay spring! My feet are
getting itchy for backpacking...

The "trail" was clear (although who knows what's under all that snow)
but many of the trees in this area (mostly douglas firs) seem to have
been killed by bark beetles. This was the first time I remember coming
across this in person.  Anyone know where I can find out more info? It
would be a shame if it gets more prevalent in the area, as a lot of the
trees are old growth here.

-payslee