[pct-l] Tsampa

The Tibetans are just about my favorite people in the world. I think =
it's wonderful that you have sponsored a Tibetan refugee through the =
Tibetan Resettlement Project. That is a very generous and compassionate =
thing to do. And it's really cool that David Thomson is donating 10% of =
the proceeds to Tibetan aid projects.

And I would say that tsampa is healthy, although as Brick says, "Not to =
disrespect your choice, but IMHO using ANY single food as a substantial =
portion of your diet is a bad idea. Especially a food based on a single =
grain. Not enough fat, not enough protein, not enough variety."

But I also have to admit that I'd rather eat corn pasta than tsampa. =
I've tried it many times in Nepal myself, but I just can't gag it down. =
I can eat dal bhaat twice a day for weeks at a time. In fact I'm =
disappointed at lodges that don't offer it. So if anyone is tempted to =
rely heavily on tsampa for a major hike then try it at home before you =
commit yourself to it on a long hike.=20

But then to each their own!

Tashi Delek!

~>^..^<

multipart/alternative