[pct-l] altimeters and topo software

Thanks for all the responses!

I checked out a bunch of the Suuntos, but had two problems with them.
They're really large (I am not). I would have had to punch extra holes
in the strap, and the "watch" itself was almost 3 inches across. Maybe
they think only big burly guys like mountain toys?

And I didn't like the plastic casing/strap. I borrowed a suunto from a
friend of mine last summer and the plastic strap had gotten a nick out
of it, which scratched up my wrist so much that I ended up just putting
it in my pocket. And plastic is icky when you're sweating all day.

I'll have to check out the battery exchange thing, hopefully they've
made it easier or maybe REI or a regular watch shop can do it.

Many thanks,
-payslee