[pct-l] altimeters and topo software

The watch/altimeters that I tried seemed a bit clunky so I bought a Brunton
Sherpa. Weighs about 1.5 oz and has barometer, altimeter (to 30,000 ft),
temperature, wind speed and time functions. The lithium CR2032 batteries are
the same ones used in Photon lights and last 2 yrs. The temperature response
is a little slow, but I have been satisfied with mine.

Altimeters (along with a map and compass) are very useful for navigating
through the Sierra when the trail is still snow covered. Nice to know
whether to look uphill or down hill for the trail.

Don Davidson

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---