[pct-l] Unsolicited Advice - 2002ers

Insomnia has created an urge for me to spew my thoughts.

Advice I wish I would have known before I hiked the PCT:

1)  When Meadow Ed tells you all about the Pink Motel at Lake Morena,
    write down somewhere exactly where it is, which brings us to
    point 2.....

2)  DO NOT SIT UNDER I-10 FOR 4 HOURS waiting for things to cool off.
    That is assuming the fine folks at the Pink Motel are once again
    taking in hikers. The grafitti just ain't that entertaining.

3)  PCT Literature seems to be anti-hitching. I realized this as I was
    hiking towards the side trail to Big Bear. Looking at my map I
    realized "I'm going to cross a busy road on the trail, Hey! that
    road goes to town". A few minutes using the thumb avoided walking
    the extra mileage along the trail all the books tell you to take. I
    noticed a similar situation for Wrightwood too although I think
    sometimes the road that goes to town and that hikers seem to cross
    57,000 times is closed.

That's all that leaps to mind for now.

Citrus PCT '01