[pct-l] San Felipe Hills

Hey Hikers,

Im getting ready to complete Section A, and need your guidence about the San
Felipe Hills.
I need to know about three things in the area from Scissors Crossing to
Barrel Spring.
1) Is there any water near the trail?
2) Is there any good spots for striking a camp and spending the night?
3) Is a permit required to camp in the San Felipe Hills?

I recently completed the section from Pioneer Mail to Scissors crossings.
It was a nice hike, but I injured my foot in the process.  Im anxious to get
back on the trail, but not anxious to test the foot on such a long lonely
streach.  The thought is to turn the hike from Scissors Crossing to Barrel
Springs into a two day backpack trip.  So instead of pushing one trek of 28
miles it would be two 14 mile trips.  Hence the reason, im looking for a
good spot to strike a camp.

BTW, if anyone would like to join us (wife and I, perhaps my son too) your
welcome to join.  We can always use transportation.

Thanks
Ben - Crazy Old Scout
http://crazy_old_scout.tripod.com