[pct-l] SWM ISO aluminium cans....

Hey all yew PCT'ers,

So, I am in Oakland, Ca now, visiting my sister's house-o-breedin' (she just
had her second kid a month ago), and I figured that I would use all the
spare time I've got these days to make a whole bunch of Tin Can Stoves for
my list of hikers in need.  Only I seem to have come across a problem, and
that problem is that I can't find any large quantites of aluminium cans for
the stoves.  I mean, I guess I could buy a case of cheap beer and drink it
all, but it seems kind of missing the point.  In my normal secret
headquarters, which is located in an undisclosed part of the rural East
Coast, folks are such slobs that I never have any problem locating hundreds
of used aluminum cans-- I just pick them up off the side of the road.  But
here in California, everyone seems to be so damn fastidious that I can't
find any-- go figure!

So I'm writing to the PCT list, since I figure all you PCT'ers live in the
Bay Area, and here's me question-- does anyone out there who lives 'round
these parts (preferably Oakland or SF) have a bunch of aluminum cans sitting
around their garage that they would be willing to give to the Tin Can Stove
Man?  I've got pretty much nothing but time these days, so I could always
just ride my bike over to pick 'em up.  It pains me terribly to have all
this free time, and not be able to find any cans.  I even went over to the
recycling center in West Oakland yesterday, but no one there spoke any
english, and my grasp of the spanish language is not sufficient to
adequately explain the mission of the Tin Can Stove Man.  They probably
thought I was a grade-A lunatic (which I guess in a way I am).  Anyways, if
anyone out there has a few dozen cans sitting around their garage or
something, drop me a line.  I'll be around for another 9 days or so before
returning back East.

Happy Trails,
TCSM