From: C.Wellman [mailto:brawny03@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 6:22 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: bivy bags

I hiked with two different indiviguals who used bivy
sacks.

The problem I will always remember is when we hit the
Sierras, and the mosquitos were ravenous, they had
very little room in their bivy sacks to escape. While
some of us could throw everything into our tents,
cook...god forbid, clean up, sit up, read, etc, they
were very limited in their nightime enjoyments.

Never enter the Sierras without Very Adequate Mosquito
protection. One young man even hiked with his mouth
open..."They bite me, I'm gonna bite 'em back!" he
explained.

=====
A  taste of the wilderness is better than a platter of civilization. To walk
in the wilderness is freedom--
http://www.trailquest.net
Please note the change of website address.  Thank you.

http://www.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ultralightersanonymous

---where the gearly afflicted gather