From: Montedodge@aol.com [mailto:Montedodge@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 9:24 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Snow Questions

 Right on Brian!!!! Love to see people advise crampons and snowshoes for
early trips or heavy snow years. Also , when the sun warms thing up, walking

on snow is like walking across pie crust. ( Every fourth step you break
through and get bit on the shins) This gets old fast and snowshoes in May
are
heaven sent!!  Of course , a 135lb. gal may be walking in front of you may
never break through while you step, plant, then whump!!! !@%^&#* that felt
good!! A bigger hiker ( 200 lb. plus guys) will have more trouble staying
afloat of the pie crust like snow than some trail tempstess of 130lbs. with
nearly the same size boots. ( Yes, rocket science!!!) Take a pair of one
pound Alum. Stubia crampons made for running shoes. 12 point crampons that
PA
Jeff ran up Mt. Adams in this summer.   On another note:::: Survivor
T.V.????
That would be a cake walk compared to the PCT!! Lay around eating bugs and
fish heads with 4 or 5  great looking  women who will be planning  when your

" Torch" is up. I would be voted off the first chance while some male model
from big city America with zero to no outdoor skills takes the money .