[pct-l] service

Hey Howie,
I carried a Pocketmail TM 20 on my hike on the PCT last year. This is some
kind of a wireless Palm, where I also can write my Emails anywhere I want,
doesn`t matter whether I am on top of a mountain, or in the middle of the
woods. All you need is, when you are in a town, a telephone. Not a
cellphone, but a telephone. You dial a 1-800 number and the Email goes right
to the address you sent it, plus you can get mails from ALL of your friends
back home. It costs about 120 Dollar, then you pay 9.95 a month, while you
have it in use.

The pocketmail weighs something, but not to much. Just carry an alcoholstove
out of a alluminumcan made by Monte Dodge, instead of one of those "normal"
heavy stoves, than  you have the weight even.

Look at:  www.pocketmail.com

Good luck finding it. I really did like it.

Swiss