[pct-l] service

To state this right up front...I'm not going to carry a cell phone.  But I
am wondering about service from the high points.  Here's why...My brother
(computer engineer) showed me one of his little gadgets the other day, he
said it's called a blackberry (?) or something like that.  It is a
wireless email system that works through cell phone service.  One of my
friends hiked the AT last year with a wireless Palm and said that it
worked the whole way up...something that I was kind of suprised at.  So
has anyone used a wireless device or a cell phone for a thru-hike of the
PCT that can say whether service is available?  I would kindof expect it
thruought California...but Oregon and espcially Washington seem kindof
limiting factors.  And for the really "techo-touchy" people out there...it
wouldn't be a way for me to keep up with the masses of my friends (HA!
Like I HAVE any!).  It would be a way to publish journals online easily.
It would bounce through another account so as to hide the email of the
little device and only my dear mother and father and a select other few
friends would have the adress.  I really don't want to hear from anybody
while I'm in the woods.  Thanks guys.  Be well..

Hungry Howie & The New Sushi - AT2000, LT2001, PCT2002