[pct-l] New Balance 804's

Hobbit,
 NB 804 worked wonders for me last year. No catastrophic failures and they held up well. I used a pair of NB 803 from Warner Springs to Kennedy Meadows (about 600 miles) and a pair of NB 804 on to Klamath Falls (about 1000 miles). I picked up a new pair of NB 804 in Klamath Falls and wore them all the way to Manning Park (about 1000 miles).
 The biggest concern I experienced was the inside lining around the heel. It wore out fairly quickly but was easily corrected with duct tape.
 The toe area is one to keep an eye on - both pairs of NB 804 slightly separated along the front toe seam. A little Shoe Glue and duct tape made sure the small separation didn't become a gapping hole.
 The soles held up just fine. All three pairs gracefully faded away and were still usable when swapped out. I would feel comfortable programing in changes between 700 to 1000 miles.
 Good luck!
Dave "Early Bird"