[pct-l] Cheap Shoes was New Balance 804's

For months I've been searching the web for discounted New Balance or Merrell
trail shoes to no avail.  I finally found something in the price range I was
looking for.  The  Hi-Tec Remote Low's looked good on the website and at $34
a pair I went ahead a ordered a pair.  After trying them on a weekend hike I
impressed enough and ordered two more pair and appartently bought them out.
Not only are they comfortable, they appear to be well made.  Gifted with a
resiliant ankle the last several thousand miles of hiking in trail shoes, I
never turned my ankle once using these.

To give you some idea of fit, I ordered them in a size 12, the same size as
my Merrells and fit fine, but in which NB's appear a half size small.

The website also has bargins in other brands including the Montrail Vitesse,
the shoe Brian so highly reccomends. (search under running and fitness, trail
runners)

 <A HREF="http://store.yahoo.com/sportsbasement/ht4836.html";>Hi-Tec Men's Remote Low</A>

Sly

In a message dated 11/20/2001 1:56:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tom-rogers@home.com writes:

> Just picked up some NB 804's on sale for my next long hike.  I'd appreciate
> any input on how long I might expect a pair to last and how they fail.  In
> general, do they fade away gradually so you can program when to have a new
> pair in a resupply, or are there instances of catastrophic failures where

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---