[pct-l] Transcontinental Trail

 Carl wrote that no Trancontinental Trail exists. Talk about a small world,
Ron Strictland( Author and founder of " The Pacific Northwest Trail" lives
less than a mile away I have just learned! We were discussing this very thing
when Ron told me of his new route with is over 6,500 miles long from the
Pacific to Atlantic Ocean. The trail begins with the Pacifc Northwest Trail
( which is 1,200 miles long ) and ties into the CDT for aways, then eastward
onto other existing trails. This new Sea to Sea trail ties mosting existing
trails together and volunteers are needed to attempt this route and would be
used to Ron's new guide book for the trail. ( Any one up to a little 8 to 9
month trip??) We're having dinner today and will be making stoves for the
Dec. deadline on Backpacker's Alcohol Stove Contest. Now that most the "
Firsts" have been done in hiking, this may be the last chance to still be
first to hike the Sea to Sea trail. ( Food for Thought!!)