[pct-l] RE: Trail Food

I wonder if the nutritional defiencies if the typical trail food contributes
to the "hiker letdown" after returning from a long distance hike?  Maybe
there is a doctoral thesis in there somewhere?  It's always fascinating to
me to see what everyone eats on the trail.  In my limited observations if
there are 10 people eating a meal together there are at least 15 differing
opinions about what constitutes a good diet/dinner!  In my very limited trek
this year in S CA I didn't want to eat much and basically survived on cheese
and tortillas and rice.  I am an admitted chocaholic and that didn't even
appeal.
Crest rider