[pct-l] Marathons in the Wilderness

I for one welcome Marathons in the wilderness or any other use which does
not distroy the environment. On my first extended [by my definition]
backpack I shared trail use with the Onion Valley to Road's End Race. No
problem. Kinda interesting actually.

My position is that there are not enough riders, hikers and backpackers of
any kind to provide a large enough voting population to insure the continued
existance of either the wilderness or the Wilderness Act. Far better, by me,
to get the running community to support the protection of the wilderness
than to try to lock it away for the use of a very few people.

That you disagree is a given.

Tom