[pct-l] Flyin' Brian

Kudos to Brian! The number one thing I want to congratulate him for is daring
to have the dream in the first place. The second thing is to have the courage
to make the plan. The third is for having the unmitigated audacity of
actually setting out. And last, but by know means least, FOR REALLY HAVING
THE INTESTINAL FORTITIUDE TO PULL IT OFF!

Way to go Brian. I hope someday I have the rare privelige of encountering you
on a trail someday and can walk with you for a short while.

As to walking 30 miles + a day. What the heck is wrong with that? I longest
day was probably only 27 miles, but I loved it. I still ahd time to  sniff
flowers, and laze around next to a quiet stream. And I found time to chat
with fellow hikers on the trail. I didn't miss anything just because I
started out before 9:00 a.m. and didn't make camp by 4:00 p.m.

I go hiking because I LIKE TO HIKE. Therefore, walking more miles per day
lets me have more enjoyment per day.

Brian's hike must have been the ultimate for someone who love's hiking.

Has anyone read George  Meegan's book, "The Longest Walk?" He walked from the
tip of South America to the top of North America in a continuous seven year
trek.

I envy Brian and George. I respect ALL long distanve hikers, whether or not
they hike three miles a day or thirty, or whether they are carrying 10 pounds
or 100.

Go take a hike!

SnoLepard (PCT 2002 Wannabe)

multipart/alternative