[pct-l] Water update, Hwy 58 (Tehachapi Pass) to Kennedy Meadow.

Brian gave me the following info about water availability to pass along to
Donna Saufley, but I don't have her email address.  So, in the interest of
getting the word out asap, I'm posting it directly to the list.  Will someone
please pass it along to Donna in case she's not checking the list every day?
She likes to have the latest for her guests.  That is, I hope, everyone
northbound on the trail.

This information was gathered between May 16, when Brian left
Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road, and May 20, when he arrived at Kennedy
Meadows.

o  15 gallon water cache at Tehachapi Pass (Map E16).

o  Golden Oaks Spring running great.

o  Robin Bird Spring running fine.  Pipe is broken so hop the fence to get
good water.

o  Kelso Valley Road at pass (Map F9).  10 gallon cache by Mary Barcik of
Welden.  Refilled 1-3 times per week.

o  1/4 mile south of Bird Spring Pass -  7 x 5 gallon cache on right side of
trail.  Marked by a wooden "Water" sign.

o  At Bird Spring Pass, north side - 15 x 1 gallon cache by Mary Barcik of
Welden.  Refilled 1-3 times per week.

o  McIvers Spring running well.  Junction to McIvers Cabin is NOT marked.
Follow guidebook instructions.

o  Walker Pass Campground (Map F13) has water turned on.

o  Joshua Tree Spring (Map G1) in not running well.  Water can be scooped
with effort.  (5/19).

o  Water is turned on in Chimney Careek Campground, 0.30 miles NE on
Canebrake Road (MapG4).

o  Fox Mill Spring (Map G4) is running fine.

o  Seasonal creeks from Fox Mill to Kern River are questionable due to lack
of tree cover from a recent fire.  This is a hot, dry section.  Carry extra
water.