[pct-l] secret for pct-l members only

Hey Gina, thank YOU for creating a useful website and keep on doing what you
are doing. No matter what we do in life someone is going to take it
negatively. The important thing is to simply learn and grow from our journey
and I'm certain you are doing just that.
    And Claudia, thanks for the upper post!!
  I'm taking a well deserved day off from my job and it's a PERFECT day here
in the Northwest. I was going to go on a climb but decided to just stay home
and do some gardening on my quiet abode and relax. There's a mid week climb
of St. Helens coming up so I'll go on that instead.
   I'm going to comment on Edward Abbey's apparent negative atheism. Now I'm
not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination but I think the
evolutionists have got it all wrong. Now I agree that we "evolved." Where I
beg to differ is in the mechanics of that evolution. The evolutionists
believe that all the incredible diversification and specialization on Earth
occurred simply by chance, random mutations that either worked or didn't work
due to the process of natural selection -- survival of the fittest. But I see
deliberate engineering taking place. SOMETHING is directing all that
specialization. What a spider does requires thought, not chance, and is a
product of engineering and creativity of the highest order. Ditto the
camouflage of a chameleon. And cat's claws and hollow bird bones, and frogs
tongues, and snakes venom, our own kidneys, and on and on and on. And to say
that the complex process of photosynthesis came about by mere chance is
simply ludicrous. It is far, far more logical to assume that there was
reasoning involved---- What is directing that reasoning is, of course, open
to debate by the philosphers.  Just a few random thoughts on my glorious day
off.