[pct-l] a few questions...

Michael Gosnell asked:

"I want to use a decent bivy w/ my bag and tarp. <snip> Any other ones that
people on this list like?"

Here are a few to check out. Weights are those claimed by the manufacturer
(YMMV). While this is nowhere near an exhaustive list, it does try to focus
on those bags that are designed for backpacking / trail use vs. climbing /
survival / etc.  A tarp & bivy combination (esp. with the heavier bivies)
will weigh more than many lightweight tents, suggesting the
question...why?  Many make the choice among a bivy OR tarp OR tent. I've
tried to provide URLs from a variety of suppliers - each has more to offer.

Mountain Hardwear       Mountain Mesh Bivy      1 lb 2 oz
http://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3023526&prmenbr=8000
                         Ethereal Bivy           1 lb 12 oz
http://www.summithut.com/catalog/remap/product.asp/deptid/111/pfid/3813/

Slumberjack             Bivy Shelter            1 lb 14 oz
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=12334&prmenbr=226

Garuda          Menage A Moi            1 lb 15 oz
http://www.backpacking.net/gearbivy-2.html#garuda

Outdoor Research        Advanced Bivy           1 lb 12 oz
http://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=353&prmenbr=8000

Northface               Trek Bivy               2 lbs 7 oz
http://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=4641536&prmenbr=8000
                         Soloist Bivy            2 lbs 1 oz
http://www.summithut.com/catalog/remap/product.asp/deptid/111/pfid/4528/

Bibler                  Tripod Bivy             2 lbs 8 oz
http://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=9842844&prmenbr=8000
                         Bib Wall Bivy           1 lb 12 oz
http://www.outdoorreview.com/reviews/Bivy_Tents/product_1243.asp
                         Hooped Bivy             1 lb 9 oz
http://www.backcountrystore.com/bivy.htm

Integral Designs        Unishelter EXP          2 lbs 8 oz
http://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=8000&prrfnbr=627803&addon=629255-637171
                         Salathe Bivy            2 lbs 2 oz
http://www.summithut.com/catalog/remap/product.asp/deptid/111/pfid/3010/
                         Sola                    2 lbs 13 oz
http://www.summithut.com/catalog/remap/product.asp/deptid/111/pfid/3013/

Eureka          Solitaire               2 lbs 13 oz
http://www.thesportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15327&position=2&categoryPath=4471.122735.141311

Sterling Barlow