[pct-l] At the southern terminus

> What happened to AZT, isn't that the proper acronym?

I checked the Arizona Trail website, but could find no definitive acronym;
they refer to the trail, in short, as the AZTrail; the managing association
calls themselves the ATA (there's a possible hint). The Arizona Trail
guidebook uses "AT" lingo, although my copy is almost 3 years old now. No
matter how you cut it, the issue of a trail acronym is problematic in this
case. AT is clearly an ambiguous and just plain inappropriate moniker. AZT,
I regret to say, is or was the name of a popular auto-immune disease drug.

>If the built a connecter, they could call it the A Thru Z Trail.  ; )

Yes, as long as it didn't connect the AT to the AT at Zealand Falls Hut in
the Whites of NH. :)

BTW, in bringing up the subject of the Arizona Trail, my intent is not to
encourage a lot of off-topic cross-talk between the lists, but just to offer
some interesting comparisons in the experiences at the various southern
termini. The dramatic differences between the AZTrail and PCT border hike,
especially, seemed worthy of a brief mention.

- blisterfree