[pct-l] Need some info.

Hey Guys and Gals, I can use some trail information, please.
I am planning on doing the Hat Creek Rim with a friend in early May.  I
know you thru hiker type (gads, how do you ever do it??!!) may not know
of any camping spots due to wanting nothing more than to be off the Rim
at the time of year but, does anyone know of any decent places to spend
the night between Hwy. 44 TH and Hwy. 299?  I'll call the Hat Creek
Ranger Station in another week or so and see if there will be any water
anywhere (we just got rain and snow in that part of the world). I am
hoping you guys can add some misc. info. for this wanna be section
hiker.  Thanks very much.
JoAnn