[pct-l] North-to-South Thru-hike Advice

I've done some research on the web and through the archives on advice for a southbounder.  I've seen many compelling advantages and disadvantages for the N-S route.

Is there anyone out there who has done a N-S thru-hike (or attempted one) and could comment on the trip?  Also (since I've lived out East all my life), what will the Sierras be like in the September/October timeframe?

I had some previous plans for the CDT that fell through, so I'm hoping to leave with my girlfriend on-or-about the 15th of June or 1st of July.  With these time constraints, can I try a northbound hike or will the desert be too hot and the Cascades/Olympics too snowpacked by the time that I get there?

Any advice at all is most appreciated...

Jesse

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---