[pct-l] Coffee grounds

Hello Elizabeth -

You said:

> ...although coffee grounds
> IMO are the best for effective smell coverage - just ask the drug dogs.

Good point!

I hadn't thought about checking with the folks who handle the drug dogs.
They should know better than anyone what really works to mask odors.

We have used sewage treatment system odor mask in some long-term caving
situations where all waste is individually carried out.  The odor mask is
designed to work for entire sewage lagoons and is very concentrated (bubble
gum, tutti-frutti, wild cherry, etc.).  It is very difficult to use a small
enough amount to keep the odor mask from becoming almost as bad a problem as
the smell of the human waste.

A small vial was dropped and broken a half mile or so into a cave one time.
The cave had pretty good air flow and we thought that it would flush out
completely fairly quickly.  We were going back weekend after weekend and it
turned out to be months before new folks in our crew were saying "isn't that
tutti-frutti I smell...?"

Trace No Leaves,

- Charlie