[pct-l] Re: Menstrual cycle LNT issues

I believe I'm the one who originally posted about the Keeper (menstrual cup) as an excellent option. I've been away from my email for awhile and missed part of this thread.

I use the rinse and disperse method detailed by Charlie most of the time. The fluid amounts are rarely more than a ounce or two at a time, so diluting and disposing of is not difficult, then just rinse and reinsert. When not
needed, just sterilize in hot water, use a little Purell if you like, let dry and store - no residue, no pathogens, no odor.

As far as blood smells and tampons, etc. In bear-hazard areas I tend to be more concerned with carrying out a package of blood soaked cotton. The bear can certainly smell it through the plastic layers, although coffee grounds
IMO are the best for effective smell coverage - just ask the drug dogs.

As for pathogens, I would expect someone who knows they have a blood borne disease like HIV or hepatitis to be scrupulous in not exposing other people to their blood.

This method work well for me, in fact I use for long trips overseas very successfully. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Your mileage may vary.

Elizabeth