[pct-l] Rain Washing Away Litter

In a message dated 4/12/01 1:04:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pct-l-request@mailman.backcountry.net writes:

> And the rain washes away that
> toothpaste spit in a jiffy. I try to make it unobtrusive but in reality
> even
> if it's visible it's no more noticeable than a spot of raven doo doo

Wow! So it's not really littering, or messing things up since the rain washes
it away and makes it disappear!! Excellent! Come to think of it, because
EVERYTHING is biodegradable (some things just take Billions of years to
deterioriate), I can simply leave all of my waste in the woods. And I won't
be leaving a trace--eventually.

>     What it boils down to is: no rules just decisions OR no decisions just
> rules. I prefer the first because it allows for a live and let live, hike
> your own hike attitude while the latter is for conformist control freaks.
> If
> anyone prefers the latter that's fine with me. Just don't go hiking with me
> or we'll have an unpleasant time of it when I feel the need to rebel
> against
> your controlling ways.

No rules, just decisions? Live and let live? Kool. That means I can ride my
dirt bike on the PCT. Foot travel is for chumps anyway.

Thanks Mountain Dave, for showing me how to save crucial weight and time from
my PCT experience. Keep thinking these things thru!!

Yours truly,
Former Attorney General Ed Meese

multipart/alternative
  text/html