[pct-l] Flying Rattlesnakes

OK, I have to tell this story!

Back in the late 70's a group of us were hiking in Southern Arizona - Rockhound Park as I recall. We were doing a little climbing and suddenly we hear a loud shout of "Snake" above us, then this 4 foot+ rattlesnake comes flying by our heads.  Turns out another climber above us pulled himself up on a ledge face to face with the big rattler, which in pure desperation, he grabbed and heaved. We later commented on his panache and courtesy in identifying the falling object and in not pissing on all of us.

Elizabeth