[pct-l] Re: Morena to Campo

Switchback writes:

> Strider, I want to make sure I understand the procedures for getting a ride
> from Lake Morena County Park to the monument and the start of the trail.  I
> thought I read somewhere that if I am at the park Friday morning at 6 AM, I
> can get a shuttle ride.  I plan to just do the 20 miles back to the park
and
> arrive back on Saturday.  Do you know if this is correct?
>
>  Thanks, Switchback

I thought that I would post this to the list so that others who are planning
to do this are on top of it also.

You're correct.  Several volunteers have come forward to offer rides from
Lake Morena on Friday early AM to the border for those wishing to do some
sort of slack packing.  If so, please be there at 6:00 AM in order to
coordinate with drivers and get the best shot at an early start.

Yah!!!  Only 17 days and counting!  Get your gadgets and inventions ready
because the list of prizes for the best is getting stocked with really cool
stuff.  I'll be posting a category and prize list soon.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel
in southern California where it is sunny blue skies, mid 60's, with fresh
snow on the San Gabriels and another storm predicted before the weekend.
Info from Mammoth says the last storm left 3 new feet of powder!  Winter
isn't quite over yet.

I'm off to have dinner with Mad Monte at Disneyland!