[pct-l] Dogs on trail, etc.

Man, I can't imagine a barefoot creature walking through the Belknap Crater
area in Ore Gone. It was bad enough with leather boots on. That stuff was so
sharp that if you put a hand on it and pressed down, you would draw blood.
Speaking of walking, I read somewhere that man is the most adapted creature
on Earth for just plain old walking. Guess we had to make up for our lousy
eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell somehow in order to survive so we
perfected fleeing and the ability to reason (although I'm not so sure we're
numero uno in that respect either -- consider the coyote, bear and raven. We
just happen to have hands and a few clever minds here and there that make
things easier for the rest of us)