[pct-l] How to repel mosquitos...

   My friend insisted that rather than getting wound up and frantic at the
presence of mosquitos, that instead, you inhale a dozen or so. Mosquito
death is somehow transmitted to surviving mosquitos and they stay away
from the face as chemically they recognize the scene of their potential
demise.

I often regsitered disbelief when hiking in Maine during May/June how little dead mosquitoes detered live ones.  I felt if i saw a big animal walking around absolutely covered with human blood and smeared bodies that I would think twice before going in for a nibble.  Mosquitoes didn't seem bothered at all.  Even when i had trouble seeing as my head net was so caked with little mosquito bodies and my skin was covered, I never saw one do a double take and turn around.  LIttle Bastards....
Eric