[pct-l] illegals, legals and water

At 07:02 PM 3/29/01 , Karen Elder wrote:
>All I can say, Brick, is "Only those who risk going too far can possibly
>find out how far they can go".
>
>Most of the people on this list would be embarrassed to ignore a hiker in
>need. Some extend that to "human in need".

St Paul said that "Charity" was the greatest of traits in his letter to the
Corinthians. (or "Love" in some translations).

I am a charitable person. I have also walked the streets of Calcutta, and I
understand that there are limits to what I can do.

I am willing to share what I can to help another human. I have given help,
and I have been the recipient of help.

However I am not willing to put myself in a bad situation when doing so
will have no appreciable impact on the situation (ie, 2oz of water for each
of a string of 10 illegals)

Or to compensate for another's blatant stupidity (why do I have water, and
they don't? when we both walked across the same creeks?)

--
Brick Robbins

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go
- T.S. Eliot