[pct-l] hiking safely in section A

A post was made regarding the "chances" of running
into hostile illegals while hiking in Section A.

Because of this possibility, I have taken
the time to translate a few key phrases which will diffuse
most situations with foreigners of the latin descent which
you may run into.

While it is a humanitarian decision for each individual to=20
make when confronted with a plea for water, here's what I would say:

Phrase I:

I'm sorry, I have only a little food and water for myself.

Lo sento pero solo tengo poca comida y agua para mi.

A friendly greeting goes along way in the face of the unknown.

Phrase II:

Welcome to the USA and enjoy your hike.

Bienvenido a los Estados Unidos.  Disfruten su caminata.

Sometimes additional discussion will be needed:

Phrase III:

I am on a non-political journey, and do not want any trouble.

Este no es un viaje politico, y no quiero problemas.

That's all you need.
Steve Courtway

multipart/alternative
  text/html