[pct-l] southern california sections and the immigrant stigma

> 1st and foremost, do not regard every mexican immigrant
> you run into as a drug runner.  Most all of them are simply
> moving down the trail towards a better life (like us).
> Drug runners use cars and usually do not enjoy hiking.
> Mexicans are generally more peaceful and curteous than Americans.
> And if you're dayhiking only, I'd venture to say that
> you've got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!!

Steve,
    While you may think of the "mexican immigrant" (really an illegal
alien invading the US) as simply moving towards a better life; the
difference is that they are doing it illegally rather than according to
our laws and most continue in violation of various laws all the time
they are here. Also they become unfair competition for US workers,
especially those of limited skills. Economic betterment of self is also
the aim of most embezzlers, muggers, robbers and burglars.

    My 2¢  worth.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---