[pct-l] Re: Southern Section and Immigrant Worries

These people are illegials not immigrants.

With all due disrespect, I think you guys are being politically correct [the
ultimate insult] instead of truthful. Two legged critters are a danger on
the trail. This means that there is a potential danger anywhere the trail
comes close to accessable areas. The illegials are doing something illegial.
You know, breaking the law. That means that they can do something illegial.
Like hurt you. They are probably desperate. That means that they might do a
desperate thing. You know, break the law. You know, like hurt you.

It is true that illegials wish to avoid detection. This is also true of
mountain lions, turantulas, rattle snakes, spiders, bears  and a host of
other things. That doesn't make any of them less dangerous. Attacks are
rare. Yep. Does that mean that you should not take precautions?

My original reason for starting the ADZPCTKO was to "provide a gathering
place and time for thruhikers to start up the trail together in order to
avoid danger" If a thruhiker simply starts that weekend he/she will be with
enough people to minimize danger. By the Pines-to-Palms Highway you will
have all spread out but the danger is minimal thereafter. That is why it is
called ANNUAL DAY ZERO.....PCT.....Kick Off.

If you are worried attend ADZPCTKO. If not, hike your own hike.

Tom

Note: To thruhikers who say I can't start that weekend. Bull!!! Lots of us
have spent considerable time and money so you CAN. Figure it out.