[pct-l] TNF Blue Kazoo

on 28/3/01 2:45 AM, McMillan, Jerry at Jerry_McMillan@adc.com wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience with the TNF Blue Kazoo sleeping bag? It's
> on sale at REI next week, and I'm due for a replacement.

Hello Jerry -

I have used a Blue Kazoo for most of the CDT in Colorado.

Late Aug - Sep hikes much above treeline, often near or below freezing at
night.  Probably in the high teens at coldest.  I use a trail tarp and like
it breezy.

I have had no problems with sleeping cold in the blue Kazoo, but I do tend
to sleep a little warm most of the time (keep the zipper open at the bottom
so that I can stick a foot or two out).

I have found absolutely no structural or finish detail problems of any kind
with the bag...seems to be very well made.  I also got mine on sale at REI
(about the same time of year in '98) and am not disappointed.

You might want to try the bag out before you buy one.  This is without a
doubt the tightest bag I have ever used (low volume with a vengeance!).  Now
that I am used to it, I like it - I certainly don't have to worry about any
body parts flopping around while I sleep...  I would wiggle into it on the
sales floor at REI and try it on first if I were you.

Good luck!

- Charlie II    AT ME-GA'93
               PCT Mex@Can'95
           Chipping away at the CDT