[pct-l] Seeking advice on MSR stoves

<<  I haven't hiked in truly bitter cold conditions with a the dragonfly; 20F
or so
 is about as cold as I've gotten with it.  The major problem I've had is that
 you must place a piece of insulation between the stove and any snow you set
it
 on; otherwise the snow melts, and the stove sinks, invariably faster on one
 side than the other, and you have to scramble to keep your pot from tipping
 over. >>

A square of stiff cardboard wrapped in aluminum foil makes a good stove stand
for the snow-kitchen.  Make it about 12" square, or as large as will fit
conveniently in your pack.  Weighs less than 1 ounce.