[pct-l] Lone Pine via Trail Pass

Howdy,

I'm planning to re-supply at Lone Pine by dropping down at Trail Pass to the parking lot because i'm a lazy bastard and it looks easiest.

I'm guessing it's a dodgy hitch but still feel like asking.  Do any day-hikers or circuit hikers ever drive to Horseshoe Meadows Parking lot?  Also, does this parking lot close through late spring?

Thanks,

Tapeworm